December 20, 2011

Fashion Survival Kit: Tops

Today, I continue the series begun with this post about the fashion items I am finding I cannot live without. You may recall that this is brought on by packing for Avila and finding out how little I can actually fit in my one checked luggage item. Yep. One.

Talk about your first world problems. I get to go to Europe for a semester and I'm bummed about the amount of clothing I can take.

Anyway, here is my fashion survival kit as far as tops are concerned.

1. Basic Neutral V-Neck Tee

 

Mine is black, but they come in every color imaginable. I decided to keep it neutral to use as a base for outfits involving unique accessories like colorful jackets, jewelry, hats, etc. Of course, the beauty of this piece is that you can also wear it on its own on a warm day. V-necks create a nice silhouette for any outfit.

2. Long-Sleeved Tee, Preferably Colorful

 


I like the idea of keeping some colorful long-sleeved tees around to layer underneath t-shirts and tanks for colder weather. This not only means more outfit options, but also more warmth in the wind and bitter cold that defines Avila's winters!


3. Chunky Sweater