Home About Shop Advertise

December 20, 2011

Fashion Survival Kit: Tops

Today, I continue the series begun with this post about the fashion items I am finding I cannot live without. You may recall that this is brought on by packing for Avila and finding out how little I can actually fit in my one checked luggage item. Yep. One.

Talk about your first world problems. I get to go to Europe for a semester and I'm bummed about the amount of clothing I can take.

Anyway, here is my fashion survival kit as far as tops are concerned.

1. Basic Neutral V-Neck Tee

 

Mine is black, but they come in every color imaginable. I decided to keep it neutral to use as a base for outfits involving unique accessories like colorful jackets, jewelry, hats, etc. Of course, the beauty of this piece is that you can also wear it on its own on a warm day. V-necks create a nice silhouette for any outfit.

2. Long-Sleeved Tee, Preferably Colorful

 


I like the idea of keeping some colorful long-sleeved tees around to layer underneath t-shirts and tanks for colder weather. This not only means more outfit options, but also more warmth in the wind and bitter cold that defines Avila's winters!


3. Chunky Sweater


I'm bringing along several of these bad boys. I will be walking two miles to and from school everyday in the freezing cold, and I am going to want me some sweaters. These are a great item to look for when thrifting. There are so many fabulous sweater finds out there. Don't be afraid to check in the men's section, too. Chunky is chunky, regardless of gender ;-)


4. Flowy Tank Top
 


Can be dressed up or down, and looks great layered. I like the versatility! I can see myself wearing one of these to church, school, shopping, the beach (when warmer days finally come, and I know they will!), or really anywhere.


5. Basic Tank Top



For those hot Spanish afternoons come springtime. And also . . . bring on the layering! Yay! No freezing for me this winter. Not only will this add warmth and a pop of color when peeking out from under other shirts, but it will be great for lounging around our host family's house or for wearing to bed.

6. White Button-Up


So classy and super versatile. This could be worn in warm or cool weather depending on the other elements of the outfit. I mean, look at how this model rocks it with cutoff shorts! It will also be nice to have along in case of settings requiring more professional attire.

There you have it! It's not a lot, but with a bunch of cool accessories (that take up way less space that clothes), I'm confident that I can remix these pieces to last me all throughout the semester

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis