Home About Shop Advertise

October 21, 2012

Back from the Abyss


I know what you're thinking. How dare I come back after such a long absence and post another Awkward & Awesome and think that everything will just go back to normal? I understand your hurt. Unlike more successful blogistas such as Sydney over at the renowned Daybook, I did not have the courtesy to let you know that I would be taking a break from blogging for half of forever.

Well, that's because I never meant to. I had no intention of staying away from Nine to Phive for so long, or at all . . . Every night when I came home from work after being in classes all day, looked at the clock and thanked God that Josh and I were used to eating dinner on a European schedule, looked into the fridge and asked for our "loaves and fishes" to be multiplied, and looked at my lonely laptop with the broken keyboard, I said to myself "When was the last time you posted? Don't you have time to whip something up tonight?"

The answer was never "yes."

All that to say, I got kind of tired of being a victim to my crazy schedule, and I made up my mind (just today, actually) to take back my life and my blog.

So here I am! Hope that all is forgiven and that we can look forward to a lot more posts together in the future. Since we last spoke, and I mean before I started babbling about Yom Kippur and TobyMac and Spanish art museums and actually talked about what was going on in my life, I have been up to quite a lot.

  • I have begun my final year of college. If (and it's a big 'if') I get into a course offered at a sister campus next semester, I should graduate right on time! Can't believe it's happening already.
  • I have started two new jobs as a writing lab tutor and ESL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher. Love both of them! I feel more like a therapist than a tutor at times, but that's what makes it interesting.
  • Josh and I have been really focused on keeping our marriage strong. Like saying 'no' to work and school commitments to spend more time together and all that mushy gushy stuff <3
  • I have enrolled in a digital video production class. Changing. My. Life. I don't know why I didn't take this course ages ago. I was meant to do this, and I'm loving every minute. I love the professor. I love my camera. I love HD. I love have card-swipe access to the Mac lab. I love everything except the stupid program we have ot edit in . . .
  • I have been in the process of directing a student-written theatrical performance set to debut in November. Muse Creative Arts Ministry is a campus organization (of which I am now the president) that groups creatively-inclined students together on projects to impact the campus and community. Our pioneer performance, "The Chains," is an exploration of the many ways that slavery and bondage manifest themselves in the human experience. It is going to be absolutely beautiful, but it is a lot of work.
  • I have written a feature-length screenplay that will get produced in the summer of 2014. Did you read that correctly? I am going to be a produced screenwriter and director. I am so utterly excited, I can't even think of anything else to say on this topic . . .
  • I'm looking for an internship. As if I don't have enough to do.
So there's a run-down of the stuff you can expect to hear about on Nine to Phive from now on, because every single one of these things is trying to dominate my attention. Stick around for the ride, and you might see something cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis