Home About Shop Advertise

June 23, 2012

Photo Shoot: Awoken Beauty Part 1


The premise of this lovely, ethereal, fairy-tale shoot that Rachel was kind enough to help me out with is a question that I found myself asking while walking through the woods on my grandparents' property.

"What if there were no prince by her side when Sleeping Beauty woke up?"

What if, in the age-old fairy tale, hundreds of years passed without her Prince Charming riding in to rescue her kingdom from it's enchanted sleep? What if the curse wore off after years of hopelessness, and Beauty awoke alone to a castle and kingdom collapsed and overgrown beyond recognition? Would she feel fear and desperation? Or maybe just disappointment--even anger?

This is an example of the artsy-fartsy mishmash that goes through my head when I've gone too long without creating something.

Anyway, I'm now happy to present to you the first half of what I believe was a very successful photo shoot entitled Awoken Beauty.







More imaginative photos after the jump!









 More photos from the Awoken Beauty series to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis