Home About Shop Advertise

March 16, 2012

This is Art: House Gets Happy


This probably would have been more appropriate while we were still in England, but let's face it. I'll be posting pictures from London and Dublin for weeks.

No, I was not fortunate enough to snap a picture of Hugh Laurie on a rare trip home to Hampstead, London, England, but I did walk through this same park! Haha.

What brought on this quirky post was the discovery of all of the stars and starlets from the British Isles who make themselves at home in Hampstead, the deliciously ritzy London neighborhood where Josh and I were couch surfing. We're talking Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Gwyneth Paltrow, Emma Thompson, Tim Roth, and Annie Lennox, to name a few. I even stopped by "Gwyneth's favorite cafe." Didn't spot her either.


Well, this video is a unique gem from a recent season of House in which the very talented (and very British--you can hear his accent coming out at times) Hugh Laurie performs a song and dance number in Cuddy's dream sequence. Hope you enjoy. The style, cinematography, and the song itself are super inspiring. Ooh, I made a tongue-twister :-)


And I now know where to move when I get famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis