Home About Shop Advertise

February 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday: You're Hot, Then You're Cold

Okay, there's not quite this much snow anymore.

Awkward:
  • The wind! It's always been cold here, but now . . . oh, the wind!
  • First IC-flareup/infection while being in Spain. I'm so used to them that going two months without one had almost convinced me that I was cured.
  • Nightmares every friggin' night. Boring, realistic nightmares . . . like my sister won't talk to me anymore or my dad is telling people at work that he's embarrassed by me.  Give me sleep.
  • Heater that stays off all day when you are freezing on the tile floors, and then blasts on at night when you're piled under heaps of blankets.
  • Applying to be a co-admin on one of my favorite fashion sites only to find out that the deadline already passed because of the time difference :-(
  • Not being able to afford to visit Italy. End of world.

Awesome:
  • Cleaning. Feels so good.
  • Hot chamomile tea with anise. A) Why do you taste so good while making me feel so much better? You make Pepto-Bismol seem like Jack Daniels! B) Why have I not had you before?
  • Having hot and cold running water. How often do we take this for granted?
  • Cereal with hot milk. The other gals think it's mad awkward, by I think the Spaniards are geniuses! Who wants cold cereal on a cold morning? Plus, if you start with chocolate cereal there's hot chocolate in the bottom when you're done.
  • Speaking of hot chocolate, found out the hard way that Spanish hot a chocolate is not a drink, but rather hot chocolate pudding in a cup.
  • Hot husband. Haha, just thought I'd sneak that in there since everything else I mentioned was "hot."
  • The trailer I just happened to stumble upon for the upcoming Rock of Ages movie that I did not know existed. Eighties rock x Broadway musical = where have you been all of my life?
  • Segovia day trip tomorrow!
  • Cheap bus tickets
  • I Waste So Much Time. The name says it all.
  • Being able to read and understand (I think) Hispanic literature <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis