Home About Shop Advertise

February 9, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday: Rock On!

A poster of the Depeche Mode album Violator. The room's last occupant was a fan.

He also filled out this page of his favorite rock music in this almanac. Nineties artifacts!

 Awkward:
  • Missing the bus to Segovia last Friday.
  • Watching Nacho Libre tonight. The things I'll do to hang out with my girls ;-)
  • Lord of the Farts. Why did this happen? And why do my husband and three of our four classmates think it is the funniest thing in the world?
  • This incredibly sexist commercial from the 1960s. For those of you who don't speak Spanish, the point of this advertisement is, "Oh, your husband slaps you and breaks the dishes if he doesn't like the dinner you make? Well, it's because you never serve him cognac while he reads the paper."
  • How much I want ice cream right now! But it's cold, so do I really?
  • Learning to tweet. I will never remember to do it . . .
  • Falling asleep while I am talking. Yes, I actually do this. I come up with some great in coherent and completely irrelevant things to say.
  • Leaky shower and the dude who came to fix it at an *ahem* inopportune time

Awesome:
  • Missing the bus to Segovia last Friday, finding out that it was all for the best because there was a cold weather advisory, and going tomorrow when it will be sunny and a brisk 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Spanish pizza. I don't even like pizza (I know, unamerican), but I can't get enough of the stuff here!
  • The 1990 Almanac of Rock music Josh found in our apartment
  • Depeche Mode, Josh's favorite rock band active in the 80s and 90s, is redonkulously popular in Spain. Their concerts here all sell out in about six hours. 
  • I know I already said this last week, but Rock of Ages: The Movie :-D
  • Pokemon! Like Harry Potter, it's sad that I had to wait until my childhood was spent to discover this joy, but hey, I'm here now!
  • Naps and sun. Naps in the sun, for that matter.
  • The great opportunities we have had this semester
  • Josh and I getting the same (good) grade on our first Grammar exam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis