Home About Shop Advertise

November 21, 2011

New York City Sunrise

Speaking of bipolar weather in New York, the NYC area experienced an interesting phenomenon a few weeks back. Before Halloween even hit, there was a significant amount of snowfall in New York and New Jersey.

In fact, on our trip down to Manhattan to apply for our Spanish visas (you have to do that crap in person . . .), we tried to stop to let poor Allie use a restroom, but the sleep little town we selected for our bathroom break had been nearly ravaged by the snow storm. Not a single public building was open!

Aside from the bathroom escapade, the chilly ride down to New York was utterly beautiful. I promised my traveling buddies I wouldn't relate any further details of the stresses that resulted once we got into the city, but suffice it to say that I am a much better navigator than either of them. Anyway! The foggy sunrise provided some great photo opportunities.





I also got a few lovely shots of the city, but not many since I was mostly busy running for my life down Broadway looking for the Spanish Consulate. Ahem. Stopping now.

We got our completed visas in the mail this past week, so no harm, no foul.




At times like these, I wish I was a famous fashion blogger so that I could take pictures of street style without looking like a total stalker. Then maybe I could get a picture or two of the fronts of people without fearing their judgment.



Also, I found Waldo . . . actually, I think the girl's name is Wanda . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis