Home About Shop Advertise

October 16, 2011

ASL to OneRepublic's "Marchin' On"

This is from homecoming weekend's Saturday Night Live! event on Roberts campus. The video quality is poor, but I think that the performance turned out quite well, if I do say so myself.

Funny little story: In my anxiousness before going onstage, I forget one of the signs to the song. I ask my friend Sean to look it up on his smartphone, but my usual video dictionary won't play, so he hands me his phone and his coffee and turns to the girl next to him.

"Sign for 'prove'?" he says IN ASL!

First of all, Sean can sign a little. Win! Secondly, the girl he'd been talking to before I showed up just happened to be deaf. She was super sweet and happy to help me out. I ended up signing "We'll have the scars to show it" rather than "prove it." She said it made more sense in context.

I hope you enjoy.


As those of you who have been following the blog know, the diagnosis I'm talking about is that of IC, insterstitial cystitis. What you may not know is the identities of the family and friends I am talking about in the video's dedication. While these names may mean nothing to you, I hope that knowing the impact they have had in my life will mean something to them.

So thank you, Josh, Rachel, Mom, Sean, Paige, and Ali. You all reminded me where my hope and comfort lies. I'm honored to continue marching through life with all of you.

"Go ahead, march on." 2 Samuel 15:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis