Home About Shop Advertise

August 27, 2011

That's a Wrap!

Photo credit: Winterwheat

Get it? Lol, it's a wrap! A yummy turkey and swiss wrap on a spinach tort!

Okay, immature moment over.

Of course, what I meant was that shooting for King's Faith finally wrapped around 6:00 this morning! After a 3pm-3am shoot and two 6pm-6am shoots, my sleep schedule will finally recover from its nocturnal state tonight. That's great, because classes start tomorrow. Whew.

As demanding and exhausting as this volunteer position was, I have never felt more fulfilled--which is interesting, because at the same time I have never felt more under-appreciated by my coworkers. This is an unfortunate but true reality of working in film production. My job was to become scum for the sake of those above me who needed me to make sacrifices.

It's raining? Here, have my umbrella. Your phone died? Here, use up my minutes. I poured the last of the coffee? Here you go, I didn't really need it anyway AT FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

Yep, the work was physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing, which is why I didn't blog about it much while it was happening. I was always completely spent by the time I got home. 

I have to say, communing with brothers and sisters in Christ who were all working with me towards the goal of reaching a massive audience with a life-saving message presented through art made any inconvenience or discomfort undeniably worth it. It helped me remember why I was there. It certainly wasn't for monetary reasons. If anything, it cost me money to participate. It wasn't even to be a part of creating a work of art. I was on set every day as a ministry--a ministry of faith, sacrifice, and creativity.

This is a tribute to my time on the King's Faith set courtesy of Kelly Sullivan at Snap, Click, Whir Photography.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis