Home About Shop Advertise

July 1, 2011

Playlist for A Lazy Summer Day

Photo credit
Today is one of those hot and muggy days when you can't bring yourself to do anything else besides bake a little bit while reclining in your kiddie pool sipping a strawberry daquiri. That is, it would be if I had a kiddie pool or was old enough to sip a daquiri . . .

Instead I just lie in the shade with my laptop and listen to songs like these. Yes, I made a point of refusing to include the Lazy Song by Bruno Mars. Overplayed much? I can't take much more of that one. These, however, are my enduring companions on lazy summer days.

Remember, it's about the music, not the videos. Some of these are just lyrics on a colored background as opposed to music videos, so don't get your hopes up . . . but there may or may not be some really cool stop-motion animations snuck in here . . .



 You probably want to open the playlist in YouTube, since a few of these videos can't be embedded and therefore won't play on Nine to Phive.
  1. "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by Verve
  2. "Pinch Me" by Barenaked Ladies
  3. "Island in the Sun" by Weezer
  4. "Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay
  5. "Better Together" by Jack Johnson
  6. "Sunburn" by Owl City
  7. "Big Yellow Taxi" by Counting Crows
  8. "Us" by Regina Spektor
  9. "Half of My Heart" by John Mayer
  10. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO
  11. "Lazy Music" by Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
  12. "Her Beautiful Ideas" by The Guggenheim Grotto
  13. "I Don't Know What I Can Save You From" by Kings of Convenience
  14. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
  15. "Little Fluffy Clouds" by The Orb
  16. "Mouthwash" by Kate Nash
  17. "Lazy Summer Days" by Cafe del Mar
  18. "Soak Up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow
  19. U2's "With or Without You" by Sungha Jung 
  20. "Come On, Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson
    The songs that I have selected are all both cheerful and relaxing and possess a certain warmth either in terms of melody or lyrics (or both). I hope that you will incorporate some of these into your own lazy summer day playlist.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your thoughts!

    ShareThis