Home About Shop Advertise

July 15, 2011

ASL to Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" (Uncensored)

Messiah College's Homecoming Coffeehouse a few years ago
You may not know this, but I am proficient (note I don't say "fluent") in American Sign Language. I am always quick to follow up that statement with the fact that  I am actually quite petrified of attempting to carry on signed conversations with members of the deaf community. What if they make fun of me?

I know. I'm pathetic.

What I am good at, however, is interpreting songs into ASL. I perform at coffee houses, church and school events, and even weddings lately. This is one of my greatest passions and talents and probably should have appeared on my blog sooner.

When I saw this video on a deaf and hard-of-hearing blog, I knew I had to share to introduce to my audience what is possible with signed musical interpretations! This girl has talent. Now, I try to avoid swearing as much as is humanly possible, so rather than post the actual video on my blog, I've just provided the Youtube link:



F*** You ASL Performance

She is on fiy-ah! I love how she starts out looking all sweet and then she pulls out bucketloads of attitude. I am so impressed. (She is way better than me, for the record) This is her final for a college ASL course. I feel so sorry for the person who presented after her . . .

Anyway, look forward to more ASL-related posts in the future now that I have acclimated you all to this unique art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis