Home About Shop Advertise

June 21, 2011

Photo Shoot Disappointment at the Hyatt Regency

The bar where Josh and I got our fruity little Christian-school, under-21 drinks

Sultry lounge, anyone?

This is made out of magazine pages!

I kind of failed to mention this, but I got picked up by the Keen Agency! They believe me to be "quite marketable" and want to represent me.

First, let me say that I went through quite the ordeal this weekend confirming to myself and my family that this was not a scam (we're talking everything from the Better Business Bureau to Merchant Circle and beyond . . .) Ultimately it seemed legit, as the only expense the agency required was the cost of hiring a photographer to establish one's portfolio for promotional purposes. For those who don't know, this is an expense for which models are always personally responsible.

I eagerly set up my shoot with the amazing Cheryl Skinn of Harlequin Photo because the agency has an arrangement with her that states that aspiring Keen models need only pay her sitting fee for a fully produced shoot.

Nico Merrit of Fusion Salon planned on retouching my roots a couple hours before the shoots, but the process took longer than we had anticipated and I was fifteen minutes late to my shoot.

When I arrived, Cheryl told me that she was leaving and that I would have to travel to another city later on to reschedule my shoot. I knew that Josh and I could not afford such a trip, and try as I might, I could not keep myself from crying over my missed chance. Cheryl took pity on me and agreed to do the shoot quickly.

I paid her sitting fee, and twenty minutes later, it was all over. I had fumbled my way, puffy-eyed and half-crying with no hair or makeup done, through what was supposed ot be the most important photo shoot of my life.

And that shoot cost me a pretty penny, let me tell you what.

Needless to say, I am feeling a bit downtrodden. The best I could do to cheer myself up was to take a few pictures of the beautiful hotel where the shoot was to take place and to snap a "sneak peak" of the final portfolio.

On the escalator holding up the dress I wore for the shoot
and trying not to look like I've been crying
Josh snapped this "gem" of my other shoot outfit once I got home.
Didn't exactly make me feel better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis