Home About Shop Advertise

August 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday: Are Women Human?



Awkward:
  • The above work of literature Stryker happened upon while vacuuming. I didn't realize we weren't sure . . .
  • Me. I'm an emotional wreck without my husband around. I literally feel like I don't know what to do with my life when he's gone for long periods of time. This is so not like me. It's like a hormonal alien she-beast.
  • Cable being down the week of the Olympics. US women's gymnastics took home gold for the first time since 1996 and I had to find out via Yahoo! news.
  • The sad state of my bed right now. It is not only unmade, but also piled high with seven pillows in and effort for me to feel less lonely in a queen-size on my own.
  • I just ate a bowl of cereal at my desk at work. With cereal brought from home. Slightly awesome, I suppose.
  • Poor Rachel's going through a tough time. It'll be so much easier when Mom and Dad finally move up and she has her own room!
  • My tragically hit-or-miss internet connection at the apartment. I'm so technologically challenged right now! This is why posting has been getting more and more sparse as this week goes on.

Awesome:
  • Criminal Minds and Flashpoint. If I'm going to be limited to four channels, I'm infinitely grateful that Ion Television is among them! 
  • My Josh. He listened to me complain about my depression for only a couple minutes before ordering me to just get over it and go out for coffee with Rach. The guy knows just what I need.Miss him heaps :-(
  • Three high-fashion shoots coming up this month--one with a 1950's beach vibe! Oh, the glamor.
  • Perfectly fitting skinny jeans for just $12! Why hello, Plato's Closet.
  • Yoga X. I made it through all 1.5 hours of vinyasas and balance postures without fast-forwarding once, and I feel awesome!
  • Post-workout protein drink. Stuff's practically a milkshake.
  • Late-night walks and heart-to-hearts with the sissy. Never get tired of it <3
  • Reading about the Starrs' adventures in Australia.
  • Iced green tea. Everybody should have a pitcher of this superfood in the house at all times.
  • My God is always there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis