Home About Shop Advertise

May 10, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday: Hasta Luego



Awkward:
  • Writing my final Awkward & Awesome from Spain
  • The little sliver of me visible in the above panoramic picture.
  • Looking forward to a 1-hour commute for six weeks during the summer.
  • Upped public transportation prices in Madrid. I guess it's a good time to leave.
  • Coming back from Sweden. Literally the most beautiful place I have ever had to leave behind. 
  • Wearing a long and modest plaid shirt and the wind still finding a way to blow it all the way up past my bra.
  • Josh and I sharing a couch at a friend's after a late flight. It was not pretty. I don't care how much you love someone . . .
  • Organizing my Fall schedule. Classes and two jobs never looked so randomly placed in a twelve-hour day.
  • First hot day of the year = First sunburn of the year
  • Grammar and Conversation finals still looming over my head.

Awesome:
  • Seeing my loved ones in five short days.
  • Swedish hiphop. It doesn't matter if you can't understand it. Listen and love <3  
  • Can't remember if I've mentioned this yet, but MY FAMILY IS MOVING TO ROCHESTER THIS SUMMER! We will all be together and my kids will get to play in their Grammy and Grampy's yard and we'll have Christmas and birthday's at each other's houses! Ok, calm down . . .
  • Nutella gelato. I think this made it into the Milan A&AT, but they have it in Avila, too. So there!
  • Visiting with Rob-o, the world-travelin' Aussie. This guy backpacked his way around Ireland for two months!
  • My little sister, the barista extraordinaire, getting a job in my fam's new home town! 
  • Visiting the Prado Museum and the Retiro Park in Madrid this weekend before flying out. 
  • Mary visiting from Madrid tomorrow and hosting us at her place the few nights before our flight.
  • Literature, History, Art, and Spain Today finals all beasted.

Equally Awkward and Awesome:
  • My grandparents, Rachel, Josh, and I all under the same roof this summer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis