Home About Shop Advertise

August 3, 2011

What I Wore: Beach Bum

So I'm actually nothing like a beach bum.

I'm not tan. I'm not blonde. I do not lie around in the sun attempting to become either, but I do pride myself in my ability to enjoy time on the sand with my beach bum mom and sister while still maintaining my pale, fashion-maven identity. (My grandma was at the beach with us as well, but she is not a bum either, although she can channel that look much better than I can.)

Payless floppy hat, Walmart tote bag, Target sunglass, Marshalls blue bikini,
and Forever 21 romper


This was a slightly sad day for me. We passed a pasty girl on the boardwalk and my sister exclaimed quietly, "Look at this girl! She is so pale!" I smiled and said, "Yeah, like me." Pale is very in right now in high-fashion circles, you know. Rachel turned to me and shook her head. "Sorry, hon," she said sadly, "You got some sun. You're not pale anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis