Home About Shop Advertise

May 17, 2011

Born Again, and Reincarnated As a Model


The photos in this post were taken a while ago at a time in my life when I needed a creative rebirth. While they are not particularly recent, they coincide with what I thought was the death of my dream to become a professional actress and freelance writer.


Upon marrying the love of my life, I had come to the realization that his dreams were to become mine, that his pursuit of his dream job would require my wholehearted support of him and our future family, and that dreams of Broadway and the New York Times were no longer mine to hold if I ever wanted us to have a stitch of money to live on.


I wrestled with the nagging feeling that surrendering my preferred career path had changed who I was as a person. Then one day, not long ago, I remembered who I was and spoke the magic words into my own ear.

"I am an artist."


To make a very long journey into a very short story, I now have fingers in countless pies which include but are not limited to writing, acting, singing, dancing, filmmaking, photography, graphic design, modeling, public speaking, and signing (American Sign Language, that is).


These photos by the amazing Drew Swantak are from my first ever adventurous foray into the art of modeling, so I find them an appropriate addition to this foray into the art of blogging--this maiden voyage of the good ship Nine to Phive.


I make art. I always have. It's what I do. It's who I am. It's what I do for a living, and that has nothing to do with what I do for money.

You too? Well, then I'm so glad you stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis