Home About Shop Advertise

August 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary to My Long-Distance Love


I'm not sure if you guys have picked it up from the past few Awkward & Awesomes (I know I missed one!), but Josh and I are actually not living together this summer. Most people who hear this and don't know us very well seem to automatically assume that this means we are separated, probably waiting on a divorce.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

My husband loves me so much that he is working around 60 hours a week (often twelve hours at a time overnight shifts) to provide for me and our future family. A job opportunity opened up in our former hometown back in Pennsylvania that paid more than double what Josh was making here in Rochester. To recuperate the savings we spent while in Europe, we agreed it would be worth the time apart to make that much-needed cash.

Well, after three months of only seeing each other on weekends (sometimes!), we're not so sure it was worth it anymore. But the end is finally in sight! August 19th is Josh's last day, and hopefully some time shortly after that we'll be able to celebrate our anniversary properly--

You know, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis