Home About Shop Advertise

June 27, 2011

Starving Artist: Drinks to Try!

Yesterday was my hubby's twenty-first birthday. He enjoyed his night drinking his first wine Pignot Grigio and said that it "tastes quite good" as he finished a bottle without feeling much of anything (that's good, I guess?).

Sadly, I still have a year-and-a-half wait before I can legally imbibe here in the States; however, as of this coming January, Josh and I will be in Spain, where the drinking age is only 18! I will spend six months being allowed to drink in Spain, will turn twenty while there, and will return to a six-month wait until I can drink in my own country. Ah, well, se la vie.

All that to say, Josh's drinking adventures are getting me excited (despite the fact that meager sips of alcohol in my past have led me to the conclusion that I am the world's most outrageous lightweight) for my own adventures in the distant future. Here are the drinks I am most excited to try:

Keep in mind, I'm a girl who likes it as sweet as it comes, and I have already tried pina colada, mimosa, and sangria (naughty me). Man, I could drink those pina coladas until the sun goes down . . . or until I got caught in the rain. Haha!

White Russian- vodka, Kahlua, and cream. Anything with cream has to be good, right?

Sex on the Beach- It's just the name, okay?  Vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice

Root Beer Float- The grown-up kind. Whipped-cream-flavored vodka and either root beer or coke.

Blue Hawaiian- rum, Blue Curacao, cream of coconut liquer, and pineapple juice. Ah, cousin to my beloved pina cola.

Tequila Sunrise- So classic and simple. Tequila, orange juice, and grenadine.

Plum Martini- Doesn't the name just get you excited? Plum juice, Blue Curacao, simple syrup, sour mix, and some type of purpley fruity vodka (blueberry, grape, etc.). Who knew I'd be craving vodka so much? Also, the sunset yesterday was the exact color of this luscious-looking drink.

Is everybody nice and thirsty now? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis