Home About Shop Advertise

January 29, 2012

Playlist for a Chilly Winter Day


I don't know how you feel today . . .

But this playlist is filled with songs that feel cold. The melodies and/or lyrics have a certain lifeless air to them, but even in the "deadness" that they capture so well, they stir up feelings of wonderment about the crisp air, biting breeze, bright sky, and sparkling snow.

Even though I complained about the serious snowfall Avila experienced the other week, I have to admit that I'm grateful that God blessed me with a taste of winter chill. As much as I enjoy being warm and dry, there's nothing like winter to help you appreciate the promised coming of spring.


I'm so sorry that my holiday playlist didn't work out last month. It turns out that holiday music is much more heavily copyrighted than any other type of music. I could hardly put any of them into a playlist and have them play on the blog.

I'm having similar problems this month. I really need to find a new platform (besides YouTube) to use for sharing playlists. Boy, if it's this hard to share music already, how much worse will it be with SOPA?

The best I can recommend is to play Chilly Winter Day on YouTube. So sorry!
  1. "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City
  2. "Canvas" by Imogen Heap
  3. "Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons
  4. "Missing You" by White River Music Company
  5. "Cold" by the Cure
  6. "River Shiver" by Pomplamoose
  7. "Wintertime Love" by The Doors
  8. "Frozen Lake" by Buffalo Tom
  9. "Snowblind" by Black Sabbath
  10. "Winter" by Tori Amos
  11. "Bare Trees" by Fleetwood Mac
  12. "Boy With a Coin" by Iron & Wine
  13. "Misty Mountains Cold" by The Hobbit Cast
  14. "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult
  15. "A Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon and Garfunkel
  16. "Winterbells" by Ferry Halim
  17. "The Red Shoes" by Kate Bush
  18. "Doledrums" by The Chills
  19. "Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
  20. "Love Like Winter" by AFI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!

ShareThis